Thursday, March 23, 2023

Organic Sculpture Collection

Organic Sculpture Collection




All four sculptures (The Individual Nature of Anxiety; paper, wood, hot glue, ink, gel-medium, rope; 18 x 14 x 5 in) 



Figure #1








Figure #2








Figure #3







In-Process Photos:


Ban sawing the negative space structure


Using a leftover piece of wood for the repetition sculpture


Me standing side by side with the unpainted negative space wood sculpture


Creating the base for the wood sculpture

 
Negative space sculpture unpainted

Reflection Statement:

“The organic sculpture collection sculptures entitled “Dot Dot A Lot,” “The Lone Star,” and “Anxiety Center” was inspired by Weibach Two, Alexis Granwell, and Julian Watts’ ceramic sculptures.“My intent is to visually communicate how anxiety is internally complex through a series of patterns, emphasis’, and natural procedures. I wanted to focus on a non-objective approach because of the diverse interpretations that could be offered by a single or group of piece(s). I decided to include wood, paper, hot glue, and ink as a way to communicate. I felt that some of the works lacked emphasis,  so I should put more work into some of the sculptures next time. I want to keep exploring wood art as a means of visual communication for future art pieces. I want to learn more about how to use wood shop tools and materials safely and properly so that they can become a reliable source for my art projects. This piece allowed me to explore the use of new materials that can allow me to have a rounded experience in creative thinking. The making of this work exposed new ideas such as wood making as a means of communicating

“The organic sculpture collection sculptures entitled “Dot Dot A Lot,” “The Lone Star,” and “Anxiety Center” was ins

“The organic sculpture collection sculptures entitled “Dot Dot A Lot,” “The Lone Star,” and “Anxiety Center” was inspired by
Weibach Two, Alexis Granwell, and Julian Watts’ ceramic sculptures.“My intent is to visually communicate how anxiety is internally complex
through a series of patterns, emphasis’, and natural procedures. I wanted to focus on a non-objective approach because of the diverse
interpretations that could be offered by a single or group of piece(s). I decided to include wood, paper, hot glue, and ink as a way to communicate.
I felt that some of the works lacked emphasis,  so I should put more work into some of the sculptures next time. I want to keep explorin
wood art as a means of visual communication. I want to learn more about how to use wood shop tools and materials safely and properly so that
they can become a reliable source for my art projects. This piece allowed me to explore the use of new materials that can allow me to h
a rounded experience in creative thinking. The making of this work exposed new ideas such as wood making as a means of communicating
anxiety and emotional struggles.

Inspiration:










No comments:

Post a Comment